Kinship Action Call – Black Immigrants Beyond DACA/Dapa
May 19, 2017 Article
The recent Supreme Court ruling, which halted President Obama’s executive action programs, made it clear that our movement needs a new, aggressive approach to advancing justice for immigrants. Even after this egregious decision, mainstream groups continue to push the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. But as BAJI’s infographic on ‘Black Immigrants and DACA’ shows (see below), by and large, our communities have failed to reap the benefits of the program. It’s time to look to the future.
Join the Black Immigration Network on July 7, 2016 at 2PMPacific/ 5PM Eastern for Black Immigrants Beyond DACA/DAPA: A Kinship Action Call.
Register here for the call-in details, and read BAJI’s statement on the Supreme Court’s DAPA/DACA+ decision.
- Black Immigrant Network – Too Important to Die an Internet Death
- Citizenship: Pursuit of a Path Beyond Paper
- On International Migrants Day, Black Voices Call for Immigration Reform With Racial Equity
- Webinar Invite: Black Perspectives on Immmigration Reform
- Reflecting on Bin’s Development on International Migrants Day
No comments to show.