The Black Immigration Network Conference Scholarship gives kin that might otherwise not be able to attend the opportunity to participate in the Kinship Assembly. Limited scholarship funds are available to applicants with financial need, to apply towards travel and/or hotel expenses to support attendance at the 2014 Kinship Assembly, May 23-25 in Miami, FL. Scholarships are provided to encourage ongoing interest in and involvement with Black Immigration Network. Attendance helps in understanding the BIN framework, increases capacity, and develops key relationships. Participants are responsible for covering non-applicable expenses such as ground transportation and non-conference meals and materials. All scholarship recipients will be required to pay the conference registration fee.
- Membership: Priority given to current BIN Members. Non-members are encouraged to apply as well.
- Financial need
- Represent an organization or be an individual serving, organizing, advocating for, and/or providing research for African, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latino and African American communities in the United States
- Able to benefit from attendance at kinship assembly
Additional factors taken into consideration include: financial need, geography, underrepresented communities, and area of practice.
Scholarship Recipients will be required to:
- Commit to attend assembly activities
- Complete a pre-conference and post conference survey
The priority deadline for stipend applicants is Monday April 21, 2014.
TO APPLY – CLICK HERE to complete the Scholarship Application Form or copy and paste this link into your browser (https://tinyurl.com/lmglhp2)
QUESTIONS? Contact Tia Oso, BIN Coordinator – Tia (at) BlackAlliance.og or call 917-310-3785.