BIN Recoognizes International Migrants Day
Black Struggles in a Global Context – Kinship Action Call Recap
- Families for Freedom - Executive Action: The Latest Felony Disenfranchisement - Abraham Paulos, Executive Director of Families for Freedom shared analysis on how the administrative relief measures, particularly the “felons not families” enforcement priorities shift focus to migrants entangled in the criminal justice system, and how, because of profiling, discriminatory targeting and law enforcement cooperation with ICE, black immigrant communities will still be at greater disproportionate risk of deportation.
- African American/Black Woman’s Cultural Alliance – Free Marissa Now Campaign Update- http://www.
freemarissanow.org/ - Sumayya Coleman, Organizer with Free Marissa Now shared an updated on Marissa Alexander’s continued struggle for justice, her decision to accept a plea offer, including continued jail time and the work that the campaign will continue to support Marissa and call attention to violence against Black women, both domestically and at the hands of the state.
- BIN Blog - Responses and Analysis on Revised DOJ Racial Profiling Guidelines, Executive Action and More. - http://blackimmigration.net/
- Ferguson Action Tookit - BAJI, the coordinating organization for BIN compiled a toolkit as a resource to educate and organize around Ferguson, police violence and racial justice. http://www.blackalliance.org/
- Op-Ed on Ebola, stigma and race: http://newamericamedia.
org/2014/12/black-lives- matter-on-international- migrants-day-too.php
- The Real Crime: Mass Criminalization; video and analysis paper linking Mass Incarceration to Mass Detention/Deportation - http://www.blackalliance.